TORONTO WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHERS
Photography by Calin is a team of affordable Toronto wedding photographers best known for high quality imagery and services. Our goal is to create timeless photos that you and your families will enjoy for generations to come. While we are based the GTA, we travel across Canada and internationally.
Our style is an infusion of photojournalistic, fine art and directed photography adorned with a splash of fashion inspired imagery.
Favourite Wedding Venues
While the number of venues in the GTA is too large to mention them here, among our favourite venues are King Edward Hotel, Berkeley Church, One King West, Atlantis Pavilions, Toronto Botanical Garden (a.k.a. Edward Gardens), Black Creek Pioneer Village, Liberty Grand, Four Seasons, Graydon Manor Hall, Palais Royale, Apollo Convention Centre, Country Heritage Park, Evergreen Brickworks, Eglinton Grand, Casa Loma, ROM, Estates of Sunnybrook, Old Mill, Mississauga Convention Centre, Roma's Hospitality Centre and many many others.
For more tips and information, please visit this page specially dedicated to top photography locations.
Find the Best Photographers for You
Some brides and grooms consider us among the best wedding photographers in the GTA.
Here's how to find the best photographers for you:
- Ask friends directly
- Use social media to find the best artists in the area
- Make sure they are within your budget
- Ask how many weddings they photographed
- Understand their photography style (candid, photojournalistic, traditional, etc.)
- Interview them to see if you feel comfortable in their presence
- Check if they have the proper equipment (back-ups)
- Ask how they back up the photos
- Check reputation, read google reviews
- Make sure the portfolio you see is theirs. To find out more about this unfortunate practice, please check http://stopstealingphotos.com/
- Ensure the artist has a good understanding of YOUR wedding day and that he can identify potential issues
- Look at full wedding albums, not just a selection of best images
- Make sure the photographer can deliver a good coverage of your Big Day and creative pictures.
- The artist should be able to capture candid photos and direct large groups during the family portraits session
- They should show excitement for the craft! Otherwise, your special day will be just another marriage for them.
Over the years, Photography by Calin team has photographed many western, Chinese, Greek, Italian, Indian, Hindu and Sikh, Korean, Jewish and fusion weddings. Our favourite marriage locations are golf courses, beaches, gardens, hotels and urban settings.
The gallery you are seeing shows a few of the multitude marriages documented over the years. While it is impossible to post all the photos, we selected a few that love. Most of them have a beautiful story that happened on the special day or a story related to the bride and groom.
Photography by Calin documented many events in challenging situations such as extreme cold (-35C), intense rain, even a small tornado in Mexico, dark venues and churches, intensely populated areas, each of them requiring various skills.
There are many photographers in the Greater Toronto Area. It takes a lot of work and perseverance and every single day Photography by Calin strives to offer you the best quality imagery and services.
Awards and Press
Our work has received national awards from Professional Wedding Photographers of Canada Association where we were also invited to be a judge in the 2016 Spring Competition. Our shooters are also members of prestigious wedding photographers associations such as Fearless Photographers and others. Besides those, our work has been featured on various blogs in Canada and abroad.
Affordable Wedding Photography
If you are looking for an affordable wedding photographer, under $2000 please visit our page on wedding photography prices. Our budget friendly packages are built taking into consideration the photography marketplace and the brides' needs. We undoubtedly offer the best price quality ratio in the GTA.
All our packages include high resolution photographs delivered to the bride and groom on a USB stick and cloud drives.
We absolutely love natural light, because it eliminates the need for complicated lighting setups and make our couples feel comfortable in front of the camera. It goes hand in hand with our photography style we call assisted photojournalism. Still, we are also known for creating jaw dropping photos at night using various types of artificial light. Please see a few of the real weddings we documented over the years.
If you want Photography by Calin to document your special day, you can contact us so we can learn more about you and discuss your Big Day.